Rental Basics in Kaneohe>Question Details

clyons0908, Home Buyer in Kaneohe, HI

What is the average rent for a 1400 sq feet 3 bed/ 2 bath renovated townhouse/ condo in Kaneohe?

Asked by clyons0908, Kaneohe, HI Sat Jun 9, 2012

I am thinking about purchasing a town home or single family home in Kaneohe or Kailua, but will only be on the island for three years, so I am interested in renting the home after I leave. I want to ensure my mortgage is fairly close to the likely rent I could request.

Answers

2
The rental range for a 3BR townhouse/condo in Kaneohe is $1,800 - $2,800 as it depends quite a bit on which complex you are in. It can be a bit difficult to find a "break-even" property once you begin renting it. However, you will enjoy the tax benefits of homeownership while living there. If you renovate, you will get top rent for your area and, if the market continues to show improvement, you may consider selling at your departure - depending on what your goals are. At Home Hawaii is located in Kailua and we help home buyers and sellers and manage property rentals as well. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions. - Cindy
Aloha Clyons,

I have sold several townhomes and single family homes in Kailua and Kaneohe.
Call me if you would like to discuss it.

Frank Diaz
(RA) MBA, e-PRO, REALTOR®
East Oahu Realty
808.723.0900 cell
http://hawaiihome.biz/