Rental Basics in 48188>Question Details

Nitin, Real Estate Pro in Canton, MI

What is the average $ per sq ft for rental homes in Canton Zip code 48188 ?

Asked by Nitin, Canton, MI Fri Feb 17, 2012

Answers

8

Here is a search I did for you for both current, pending and sold listings for rental homes in the zip code of 48188. I only went back to June of 2011 up until now.

If you click on the link you will see the information for all of the properties. The link will stay active for only 7 days. Usually the rule of thumb is $1 per square foot but that varies depending on the specifics of the home and the location. Either way the rental market is booming right now so you really should not have an issue leasing your home. Scroll down to the bottom of the comps and you will find the averages, per square foot, price, days on the market, etc.

http://pub.realcomponline.com/publist.aspx?a=854717B7C643A38…

Let me know if you need an agent to list it, I would be happy to help. We handle everything from the marketing to running the credit checks for potential tenants. We have an office in Livonia if you like.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again,

HAIG
Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com
Thanks Haig. Your link provided me all the information I needed. It looks like average price per Sq Ft is 0.79 in Canton 48188.

Jamie, Your link also had the information but all the listings show price per sq ft of 1.
I don't think you can use 1.00 per foot as a basis to figure out a rental price. You really have to have a Realtor do the comps in the area. I deal with investors who have rental properties and you have to take things into consideration especially location and condition of the property. A rental property in the city will go for more then one on the country. If your home is 2000 sq ft that doesn't mean you will get 2000 a month. With that said it is a busy rental market. Last week I got 8 applications on a property I have listed. Make sure you list the property with an agent to get assistance with the application and lease agreement.

Here is the link for you to review...

http://public.realcomponline.com/Publiclogon.asp?ITEMID=0J6S…

Thanks again,

Jamie Hastings
(734) 444-5323 cell
jhastings@visionrealtycenters.com
Hey John,

Like the other agents stated... It really depends on the home. Style, location, size, and amenities make all the difference in the pricing. However, I have pasted a link into this answer that will show you 70 homes in Canton that have been rented since 06/01/2011. There are more than enough homes in there for you to match up the home you are thinking about to one that has been rented. I would be happy to discuss you needs more in-depth with you when ever you would like, just call or email me.

Thanks again,

Jamie Hastings
(734) 444-5323 cell
jhastings@visionrealtycenters.com
Hi John,

As Mike said it depends on location and condition. You need an agent to run the comparable rentals within your area. It will show you the average lease rate of like homes.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
Hi John,

It really depends on the location and condition of your condo. I reveiwed your other questions. Contact me, I can help you.

Mike Toomey, Realtor
Remerica Hometown One
734-414-3212
mike@miketoomeyhomes.com
Call a couple property management companies or real estate agents in your area to get the best answer or go to public websites and try to figure on your own. zillo.com, trulia, cyberhomes.com etc.