Rental Basics in 91502>Question Details

Gsokol1026, Renter in Burbank, CA

What if an apartment complex is 2 separate buildings of 12 units each ( 2 addresses side by side)..Does it require an onsite Manager?

Asked by Gsokol1026, Burbank, CA Thu Mar 8, 2012

Answers

3
Tommy Lee’s answer
Gsokol1026,
In anser to you question:

California Code of Regulations section 42 provides:

A manager, janitor, housekeeper, or other responsible person shall reside upon the premises and shall have charge of every apartment house in which there are 16 or more apartments, and of every hotel in which there are 12 or more guest rooms, in the event that the owner of any such apartment house or hotel does not reside upon said premises. Only one caretaker would be required for all structures under one ownership and on one contiguous parcel of land. If the owner does not reside upon the premises of any apartment house in which there are more than four but less than 16 apartments, a notice stating his name and address, or the name and address of his agent in charge of the apartment house, shall be posted in a conspicuous place on the premises.

If you would like more information, please send me an email or call me.

Tommy Lee
DRE #01723594 SFC (Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified)
Premier Service® Professional
tommy.lee@dilbeck.com
323-821-2292
говорю порусскии
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 10, 2012
Thank you so much for the information. How would I go about enforcing such regulatory code? I'm unclear who I need to contact. Obviously the Management at my building is unwilling to follow these guidelines. I'm in Burbank.
Flag Thu Mar 15, 2012
I manage a property in Los Angeles that has two separate buildings with 8 units on each side, totaling 16 units. Each property has a different address and we were required to have a resident manager onsite. I would look into this further if I were you.
As far as I know in Washington state if the manager doesn't live onsite then they must have a real estate license.