J.T. Kelly, Real Estate Pro in Boston, MA

What are the best parking options in Mission Hill?

Asked by J.T. Kelly, Boston, MA Thu Apr 4, 2013

Do most people go with on street parking or rent driveway/garage spots?

Answers

4
I would get a residential sticker or if you don't mind $150 - $200 month for a spot.

Best of luck.
Well if you are open to buying instead of renting, you could purchase my new listing at 33 Iroquois St. which includes a deeded parking space! It just came on the market today. Check out the video tour at http://www.bostonvirtualimaging.com/public/flix.php?branded&… or shoot me an email at ken@kensnyderhomes.com.
Common Sense says that most people go with "on-street parking" because the streets are full and there are not enough driveways and parking spaces for every resident in Mission Hill. This is why a "resident parking sticker" policy throughout Boston has been created to allow local people to park in the local neighborhoods (Hopefully) without problems.

This parking sticker is free and you can apply at the Parking Clerk at City Hall. However, the catch to get this is....In order to get this sticker, you need to have the following in place:

1. Live in the area that you are applying for. You need to provide a copy of your Deed, or your fully executed lease (Signed by the landlord)

2. A utility bill that is in your name

3. You need to register your insurance to the address that your lease is at.

The later reason typically is the reason that people do not park on the street. They find that Boston insurance rates are higher than that of other places. Owners / Landlords / and Renters sometimes rent out the garage, driveway, or parking space because they do not use it, which is a perfect fit for these people.

If you need any further assistance in finding parking in Mission Hill, I can certainly help you out. I have spaces available at all rates, and all location of the hill!

Wait, I'm confused, if the streets are full, wouldn't common sense say that you would need off street parking? Other than that your answer looks great and I appreciate your insight. I will definitely call you if I need help getting a resident sticker!
Flag Thu Apr 4, 2013
Most of parking in Mission Hill is usually by permit and depending on exact location you may opt to renting an off street parking so you are not circling around at night or during a snow emergency looking for parking.