Rental Basics in Orlando>Question Details

Derek, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

What are some of the best tools to use when renting properties out by owner? I've looked at some websites such as VRBO and Vacationrentals.com.

Asked by Derek, Outside U.S. Mon Jan 7, 2013

Answers

6
Craigslist gets a lot of activity but there are a lot of scams too. I'd be happy to rent it for you - I am very low on inventory right now so can rent very quickly.

Julie Carberry
Property Manager
Davis Real Estate Group
407-709-9969
http://www.JulieRents.com
Hi Derek,

I find the best tool is having a management company that will screen the prospective tenants, repond to requests for repairs, and make sure the tenants are paying their rent on time.
Hi Derek,

Those are good sites but if you have a problem and need someone to go fix something, you may be asking for trouble.
Your best bet is to find a vacation management company to work with you and also have a website of your own that is connected so you can also market and add reservations.

Let me know if you need some help.....

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com
those are vacation rental sites. If you own a holiday home then those are the best sites. try Homeaway and villas 2000 too
Hi Derek,

Are you looking at managing your own SHORT TREM rental?

If that’s the case, this is going to be a huge headache. Advertising, home, lawn and pool maint, taxes, insurance, …Unless you live practically right next door and are available 24/7.

I agree with Bea, you’ll probably spend more taking care of this place yourself, versus paying someone else to do it (who will most likely have a network of people they contract with to keep their/your costs low)

I don’t handle rentals either, but I can refer you to someone who does. If you’re interested in PURCHASING anything, please let me know and I’ll be glad to work with you.

Please feel free to contact me directly carlrealtycenter@aol.com.

Carl Head

Realty Center-Orlando
Hi Derek,
You should consider the fact; what to do in case of a toilet leek at 2pm? Is cool do it yourself and save a little something but the headaches what goes with.. Also, probably you will spend more on advertising then paying a commission to your rental agent. From where are you from? Where your rental unit is situated? (I don’t do rentals; just try to help) If you need help my e-mail is BeaFodor.Realty@Gmail.com