Rental Basics in Las Vegas>Question Details

Alifer, Home Owner in Las Vegas, NV

What are some good questions to ask before renting out your home?

Asked by Alifer, Las Vegas, NV Mon Mar 4, 2013

Answers

2
I am a premitted Property Manager and the best question I would ask is are you planning on hiring someone to manage this home?
Far too many owners want to save the small management fee and as a result they get a little less rent and a whole lot more trouble and work than needed.
There are too many factors to discuss in an email so call or email and at least let me go over the sitaution with you on the phone. If not wanting management I can at least possibly help to get the initial renter in and qualified for you to start.
If you are new at being a landlord I would google information to educate yourself on the laws that govern what the rules of the road are and what you can and cannot say to potential renters. I would also suggest that you follow all the procedures to pull a credits report on any potential renters. The credit report is a good tool to learn a great deal about a persons financial habits. Finding a good property management company can be a blessing for most people. Many homeowners are just not cut out to be landlords. I am always available to answer your questions.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
Fahrnyteam@yahoo.com
http://www.FastNevadaShortSales.com