Rental Basics in Princeton>Question Details

Matthew Dout…, Renter in Princeton, NJ

We are looking for a 2/3br house/apt to rent in Princeton and the surrounding area. Top of our price range would be $1000. Anyone out there to help?

Asked by Matthew Douthitt, Princeton, NJ Fri Mar 30, 2012

Myself, my wife and daughter are moving to the area from SC and looking for a place in the Princeton area to rent.

Answers

4
you wont be in Princeton for near that amount. I currently have a 2 bed house in Princeton at $1950 and it among cheapest around. You will likely have to go closer to Trenton and even there it isnt easy. (I am getting $1050 for a 2 bed flat in Hamilton and have a second floor 2 bed unit on for $900/ mo) I suggest you expand your area. If your credit is decent consider buying as there are areas where you can buy cheaper than renting.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 30, 2012
Hi Matthew - If you haven't found a place yet, Bordentown City might be an option for you. We have a light rail train station in town (the entire town is basically walking distance to it :) that would take you to Trenton where you could transfer to NJ Transit and head up to Rutgers. It's a great community!
Not going to find much ANYWHERE at $1000/month in New Jersey unless it's REALLY small (like no dining room/ a one floor place etc,) and/or not in an area accessible to transportation etc.

As you see Ken has a 2 bedroom FLAT that gets $1050 and a 2nd floor unit that gets $900.
We can certainly expand our area, only real requirement is that it is within a decent commute to Rutgers and isn't in an unsafe area for my 2 year old. I liked Princeton due to being able to jump on a train and be at Rutgers in 20 mins.