Rental Basics in Detroit>Question Details

Love, Renter in Detroit, MI

WHAT IF I NOT SURE ABOUT WHO I RENTING FROM?

Asked by Love, Detroit, MI Mon Jan 31, 2011

Answers

4
I agree you need this information, you can go ck the current tax record for the person payingl.

Good Luck
Glenn Pruitt
Century21AAANorth
cell:248-752-5300
If the landlords name is not on the lease you could check the City records to find out who the owner of the property is.

Karen Paytas, GRI CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
Actually, the contact for the property manager (which also might be the owner) should be on the lease. If you need more info than that, then you'll need to do more research on the property and/or the owner. Keep in mind that some properties are owned by trusts, and owners do this to maintain privacy. You'd need to hire an attorney, PI, or possibly a skip-tracer to get more info on the owner.
Hello Love,
I believe that you are inquiring who your landlord is from your question. Your lease should have the landlord's contact information so I suggest you look it over. If you used an agent to assist you in finding the rental property then ask him/her too.
I hope this is helpful.
Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty