Rental Basics in Weehawken>Question Details

Unspecified, Renter in New York, NY

The Gold Coast of NJ within easy walking distance to grocery store and pharmacy as I am disabled. Easy commute into the city as I visit doctors there

Asked by Unspecified, New York, NY Tue Nov 13, 2012

but also need a parking space, preferably indoor also due to my handicap. I have a small dog and would ideally like a place where utilities are included. Of course that is my wish list and I know Santa is busy right now. Does anyone have any recommendations? Doorman, ease of shopping, commute and parking are most important. Gym, pool, etc are the least of my worries. Any suggestions? Is JC better than West NY? Guttenberg or Edgewater? OH and do not want to go over $2,100 if possible. A one bedroom or very large studio, all modern.

Answers

1
Margolin, The Gold Coast (Hudson and Bergen counties along the Hudson River) provide many opportunities to folks trying to enjoy a full life and the shortest commute possible into NYC. As a general rule, the further noth you go (and the farther you get from the entry points into the city--Lincoln Tunnel, PATH train, Light Rail), the better the prices. In real estate, location, condition, and competition are the only factors that matter!

That said, Edgewater will probably get you what you need for a one bedroom in the $2100-2500 range, but the utilities will likely be extra. You can find what you need at City Place, Independance Harbor, and a handful of rental buildings. If you want more for less money you'll need to look in Cliffside Park or Fort Lee on the top of the Palisades overlooking Edgewater. In most cases the utilities are only included in the older buildings.

I can help you with your search. North of Hoboken rentals are nearly all co-brokered, meaning that agents enter their listings into the MLS and any licensed professional agent can show you any property for rent by any company. Call me for more: 201-960-2833. I hope you enjoy a safe and successful move!
Suzan Nanfeldt, Coldwell Banker