Rental Basics in Houston>Question Details

Leia, Renter in Sugar Land, TX

Rental: Sugar Land or Katy?

Asked by Leia, Sugar Land, TX Wed Apr 13, 2011

Which would be a better choice Sugar Land or Katy to rent if work at MD Anderson? We have kids in kindergarden and preschool.

Answers

14
have a house for rent in sugarland
walking distance to elementry school availabe for immediate move in call me at 8326301258 or email me need any help nfrkhan@yahoo.com
Well how much are you looking to spend? Thats the main factor. Give me a call and I will set you up with a few showings. Have you thought about a Lease/Purchase? Give me a call @ 281-795-4611, and we can talk about it.
I would recommend you look at a subdivision named Sienna Plantation. It is no longer than 30 minutes to the med center and by August, they will have completed a Park and Ride that takes you directly to the Medical Center. Multi schools are in Sienna that takes a child from their first school experience through Community College. A marvelous library is within the community as well. If you were my client, this is where I would take you. It is a gorgeous master planned development. I live there and love it.

Sewell Feenstra, GRI
Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
(713) 865-6754
Of the two, Sugar Land because it is a bit closer. Many factors to consider, but likely commute will decide if all other factors are equal (price/quality of homes, good neighborhoods, nice amenities around home, etc).

You might also consider the Pearland area due south of the Medical Center via Hwy 288 or the northeast area of town...known as Humble with areas like Fall Creek, Eagle Springs, Summerwood and Kingwood to name some of the communities there. I just drove into downtown from Eagle Springs this morning at 7am. It took 39 minutes to downtown. Medical Center is about 5-10 minutes to the south of downtown Houston.

So you see...many options. What are you looking for? Give me a call or send an email when you have time. We could give you a tour of the area.

Mark McNitt
Bernstein Realty
m 832-567-4357
Between the two? Sugar Land.

However, you might consider somewhere within the City of Bellaire city limits. The schools are amazing, it's only 4-5 miles from MDA (so you can attend school programs, etc. and get back to work in minutes =) !) AND you can bring you'll have the pleasure of bringing your children up in a small town. Rental homes in the area, however, are "hit-and-miss". That is, there are good ones and not-so-good-ones and the rental rates vary widely from $1000 for a mid-century 2/1/0 to $6000 for a recently built 5/4/2. Many renters in Bellaire feel that giving a little (compromise on the house) is far worth it when you are getting so much (quality of life, location, schools).

I just thought I'd throw this new option at you. If your interested in tossing it around, simply go to the link below, select "Lease", and type in area code "77401". Also helpful when selecting an area to live in are these two informative dot coms: Zipskinny and Houstoncrimemaps.

If you would like more information or a tour around Sugar Land or Bellaire, just ask me. I'm happy to help!

My best wishes to you.

--Real Estate Brenda!
Good Morning, Leia !!

Both locations have a lot to offer. The big question is ...WHAT do you need and want? With the children and jobs to consider there are several questions I can help you with and then we can begin to search. If you would call or email me we can visit about YOUR specific needs. Then I will set you up to receive the most current listings quickly so you can review them in the privacy of your home with your husband. When you have selected the 2 or 3 you are most interested in and like...we can make an appointment to view them. This will save you and your husband a lot of time, especially with youngsters, I imagine you are pretty busy. By the way I am Kathleen and can be reached at (281) 799-4002 or email me KathleenRealtor1@gmail.com

I look forward to working with you and meeting you soon. Very truly yours, Kathleen (281) 799-4002
I would suggest Sugar Land if you are concerned about mileage. However, they are both great areas for your children to attend school.
Dear Leia,

If your work at MD Anderson Sugar Land would be the best choice. My husband also works at the MD Anderson and takes him no time to get to his work. I do have couple of listings in Sugar Land area. Please let me know if you interested in to take a look at it . I am more then happy to show my listings along with other listings as well. I my self live in Sugar Land and my kids go to school here. I would give you the best advice i could base on my experience living here so long. My email address is: dansikurban@yahoo.com . Phone number :832-858-1239.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks!

Dansi
It's really a toss up between Katy and Sugarland. You might want to consider the Pearland
area if you would like to be closer to the Medical Center. Pearland is growing rapidly because
of all the people that work in or near the med center.

If you would like to contact me just click my photo.

Larry
Hello Leia,

I would love to send you a list of homes so you can compare what your dollar will get you in each place. If you send me your email, price range, and how many bedrooms you need, I will send that immediately back to you. Talk to you soon!

Diane Hermis
Total Real Estate Services
832-620-6304
dianehermis@yahoo.com
It depends on how much you want to pay in rent. How many bedrooms? Are you looking for a House?
Let me know how I can help you.
Debra Porter-832-410-0081
Champions Real Estate Group
Both areas have easy accessibility to MD Anderson. Sugarland from 59 to the Med Center, Katy, I10 has adjoining freeways to get there. Katy schools have high ratings. Am mobile now, but don't hesitate to email or call for more imfo
Leia,

Both communities have great schools and wonderful amenities; however, Sugar Land will be closer to the Medical Center. There are many great neighborhoods that have wonderful properties for lease at the moment for every budget. I currently have one property at 2126 Collingsfield that have been completly updated. If you would like, I can send you a list of properties for rent or you can visit my website at http://www.houstonfirsthouse.com for more information. Good luck with your search.
Hi Leia,

Both Katy and Sugarland are excellent choices and either would convenient to the Houston Medical Center. It will take you between 45 mins to an hour to drive from Katy. The drive from Sugar Land would be about 30 mins. Both areas have great housing, schools and shopping. Rents are comparable. Given the traffic in Houston I would probably select Sugar Land.

If I can help you find something please feel free to contact me.

Best regards
Matt
Web Reference: http://www.mattwaltontx.com