Rental Basics in Sacramento>Question Details

Nicole, Renter in Sacramento, CA

Relocating to Sac...safest neighborhood for single female?

Asked by Nicole, Sacramento, CA Mon Apr 2, 2012

Active duty USAF, relocating to Sac for 3 year tour at military processing station close to downtown (north end). Need min 1300 sq ft, prefer 3 br or 2br plus den/office or great room; would like rent utilities to be at/under $1750/mo. Most important for me is safety; 2nd most important is short commute... Thank you!

Answers

3
I lived in the newer part of Natomas (95834, 95835) for a while and it's grown so much since I lived there a few years back. The homes are newer so you'll (hopefully) have less issues with the property, and there should be rentals available. There is everything you'd want nearby - restaurants, stores, etc - and it's close to the freeway to get to work. If you're a runner or walker, there are miles and miles of homes out there and parks and schools to walk or run around.

Here's some of my recommendations for Sacramento property management companies:

Homepointe
http://www.Homepointe.com

SacDelt
http://www.sacdelt.com

Also keep on eye on Craigslist - there's always lots of listings for rentals there.

As for safety, feel free to check out the local crime reports / statistics on sites like crimereports.com or something similar. They'll be helpful in your search.

Good luck and thanks for your service to our country!!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Lauren Schenke
Better Homes Realty
Thank you!!
Flag Tue Apr 3, 2012
There are several great neighborhoods in Sacramento. If you will be in the North part of downtown, some great neighborhoods could be Southport (West Sacramento) or Natomas. I have attached a link with comparison of the two neighborhoods regarding all of the statistics and demographics.
Thank you!
Flag Tue Apr 3, 2012
One of my clients has their rental home coming available on June 1st. The home is located in the private gated community of Riversgate. It is located off Garden Hwy and Gateway Oaks which is 10 minutes to downtown Sacramento. It is a 3 bedroom/ 2 bath, 1769 sq. ft. 2 car garage. Renting for $1700. Home was built in the mid 90's. Email me at chrisb960@comcast.net for the rental information.