Rental Basics in Millbrae>Question Details

Sophie, Other/Just Looking in Texas

Question about Millbrae, California?

Asked by Sophie, Texas Wed Apr 29, 2009

My job is transferring to SFO in July, and i would like for my children to go to Mills High School, but i am having a hard time finding reasonable apartments in the area.
Do you have any suggestions on the school, and area?

Answers

3
Millbrae is GREAT, but it is pricey. Try looking on the border of Millbrae and San Bruno. It is also less expensive on the East side of El Camino Real... They do have a ton of affordable duplexes and small apt complex's hidden away on the small side streets. I suggest driving around Cappuccino HS- area. They will have the BIG for rent signs out. You can also try looking up the property management rental offices on-line for that area- that is a good and helpful option.. Good Luck
Lived in Millbrae for over 25 years, I've had 5 children go though the Millbrae School District as well as the San Mateo Union High School district. At the time that my kids were in school Millbrae was the BEST! The diversity was wonderful they got exposed to a little of everything from elementary all the way to High School and made friends for life. Now, there isn't as much diversity, there is pressure from all school levels to exceed and not all kids are made up like that. The education that they get is great but socially not much for them to do unless they go to Saturday school. The sports in the area were very strong for a long time, now we're lucky if the High School (Mills) wins a game...any game. After a lot of consideration I started to look outside of Millbrae for a high school for the youngest of the brood. I found Capuchino and I haven't been disappointed a lot of diversity which was important for me, being that I was born and raised in San Francisco and grew up with a lot of different people, academics were great, the test scores showed it. I really couldn't be happier. Look at the surrounding areas Burlingame, San Mateo and I'm sure you'll be happy!
Hi Sophie,
I live in Millbrae and will have a freshman and a jr at Mills next year. I'm actually a part of the PTO board there as well and would be happy to answer your questions re: the school and housing. It might be best if you email me directly so we can "talk" through different options. Please contact me at jean@jeanjoh.com. I look forward to getting to know you.
Jean
Web Reference: http://www.jeanjoh.com