Rental Basics in Tampa>Question Details

Cathy, Home Buyer in Florida

Property manager

Asked by Cathy, Florida Mon May 7, 2012

I have notified my property manager that her service is no longer needed, due to her lack of effort and communication. She said she has dropped all the keys to HOA office, which HOA said they did not received any keys from her. Then she just don't reply the phone call any longer. I am so frastrated, who and where should I make complain about her? She is licensed realtor,GRI in Tampa, FL

Answers

5
I would certainly contact her broker and back it up in writing as well. Changing locks would probably be a good idea at this point. And you might even make an informational report with the local police department to cover your tracts in the event something occurs in the future.
Hi Cathy

If she dropped off the keys at the HOA, then she must have written proof that keys were dropped
off, or she is liable for the keys.

Regret to hear you are having problems, give her an Ultimatum, and send her a letter
and a courtesy call.

Best regards
Perry

http://www.trulia.com/blog/perry_mistry
Do you have a contract? You may not be able to "cancel" without paying her the fee specified in your contract.

Sorry you're having troubles. Rentals are going FAST. Is your rental advertised in the Realtor MLS system with at least $250 commission to the tenant's Realtor? I have seen absurdly low amounts offered to Realtors to bring a tenant. Even as low as $40! Wouldn't even cover the gas to cart a tenant around. Meanwhile the listing Realtor oftentimes collects 100% of the first month's rent.. I've even seen someting similar to this on a $3k/mo rental.
Yes, call the broker. If you need the broker, give me a call and I will look it up for you as well as the phone number.

John

352-978-4539
The broker that she is working for. All you will need is her Company's phone number. Hope this helps