Ryaninthering, Home Buyer in Estell Manor, NJ

Prior to renting out a single family home , does the landlord have to obtain a c/o or a home inspection prior to new tenants occupying?

Asked by Ryaninthering, Estell Manor, NJ Wed Aug 7, 2013

Homes age is unknown , septic and well water.moving to area from out of state , unsure if laws differ.

Help the community by answering this question:


This is governed by the local municipality. Those which require a CofO for rentals will have a basic inspection for safety purposes. That inspection may not include septic or well. Check with the municipality. If you have a concern about the well and/or septic, check with the town about when permits were issued or ask the property owner about the history.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 8, 2013
Property owner isn't very helpful.and avoids any attempt to give clear answer.just seems too concerned about getting $$$
Flag Thu Aug 8, 2013
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ
Hello Ryan:

Some cities and townships require owners to apply for inspections for occupancy and/or fire prevention prior to transfer of ownership for resales and rentals. Please feel free to check with the township where home is located for further information and for requirements that must be met.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 7, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer