Rental Basics in Longmont>Question Details

jennarive, Renter in Longmont, CO

Pit bull friendly housing in Longmont, Co, does it exist?

Asked by jennarive, Longmont, CO Thu Nov 1, 2012

My family is being transferred to Longmont CO for work, we have been trying to find an apartment or affordable house to rent and have had NO luck because we have a loveable 10 month old Staffordshire Bull Terrier Mix named Daisi. Any suggestions on where to look?

Answers

8
Hi Jennarive: Just checking back to see if you found a rental that would accept Daisi. If so, you might want to pass on any information you have to others. There are a fair number of dogs like yours around here and I am sure some other owners would be interested if you now have some suggestions. Kind regards,
Ron Rovtar
Prudential Real Estate of the Rockies
303.981.1617
info@rovtar.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 6, 2012
Hi jennarive:

I would suggest you contact Colorado Pit Bull Rescue in Longmont. They should have an idea about where your dog would be welcome.

Website: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/CO177.html

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Colorado-Pit-Bull-Rescue/14767…

E-mail: adopt@coloradopitbullrescue.com

Kind regards,
Ron Rovtar
Prudential Real Estate of the Rockies
303.981.1617
ron@rovtar.com
http://www.rovtar.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 2, 2012
That facebook link is no good :(
Flag Sun Oct 19, 2014
I'm glad to see so many agents offering help. Yes, for the record, Longmont has not banned pit bulls. It is up to the owners to determine policies regarding allowing animals.

Looking in rural areas of the counties is a good suggestion.

Just an aside: Many incorporated municipalities serve areas that have not been annexed. It may not be common knowledge, but there are unincorporated areas right in the midst of some communities. I don't know if it is true anymore. However, there used to be an Evanston in the Tri-Towns (Firestone, Frederick and Dacono) I site it as an example, because this unincorporated area may have been incorporated into one of the towns since.

Longmont has had areas that were outside of the city limits, but it has served these areas - usually a handful of houses.

I suggest looking for ads at Rent.com.

Best regards.
I'm in the same boat as Jennarive, although my Staffy is a bit older and we are looking in Colorado Springs. I'd be happy to pay a premium for a landlord who doesn't discriminate against this loving breed!
Just a note to call dog-owners' attention to Ann Thompson, who is the only real estate agent I know n Boulder county who specializes in real estate issues involving our canine friends.

Ann's website URL is below.

Ron
Rentals are hard to find in Longmont right now. Longmont does not ban pit bulls, but the individual property owners can be quite selective, given the high demand for rentals, so they may not be willing to allow pets.
Alyson is an excellent agent if you decide to buy. And she knows a lot about rentals!
Flag Wed Dec 26, 2012
Jennarive, I think your main challenge is finding a rental that's pet friendly. With the low inventory of properties for sale or rent, this seems to be an ongoing issue. If you have references from a recent landlord it may help.
I would contact the county of Boulder and Weld. I believe unincorporated Weld (not in any city limits) county would be a good place to start.
Jean Abendschein
Colorado Gold Real Estate
Longmont, CO 80501
jean@duskfire.com