BH, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

Perhaps a questions for an accountant ... does a non-U.S. citizen (living outside of U.S.) have to pay income

Asked by BH, Indianapolis, IN Sat May 16, 2009

tax on income received from leasing an apt?

Help the community by answering this question:


Gerard Dunn’s answer
It depends upon the amount of income that comes in. You will be liable for taxes on income from rentals. The rate will depend upon NET INCOME after expenses and depreciation.

Good Luck!

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker

Serving Maryland, Virginia and D.C
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 29, 2010
Whoever is doing your property management should be withholding 30% off the top from your rental income for taxes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 28, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer