Rental Basics in 56401>Question Details

LostinBraine…, Renter in Brainerd, MN

My husband & I are renting out on Gull Lake Dam Road, this place is really run down.

Asked by LostinBrainerd, Brainerd, MN Mon Apr 15, 2013

We asked for the bathroom to be fixed, the wall behind the toilet is rotting because of the years of urinating on it, all got was someone to look at it, our refrigerator drawers are broken the "handyman" just said it cant be fixed, he never even tried to fix it the basement was flooding the "handyman" said it was out fault cause we didn't move our cars, when he plowed the snow, but the roof has drainage and it isn't from us not moving our cars, we have 2 bedrooms, and this never occurred to us, but the bigger bedroom doesn't have a window, is it considered a bedroom? We shouldn't have rented this place, it's too gross to live in!

LostinBrainerd - I'm sorry to hear you are having so many problems with your rental! Here are some of the "Renter's Rights" in MN from the State Attorney General's Office.
Let me know if you need any help finding somewhere else to live. How long is your lease in effect? Call me at 218-838-4219