Rental Basics in Plymouth>Question Details

Ihatecreeksi…, Renter in Plymouth, MN

My bank asks for my rental history but my renting management refuses to give that until I sign an vacancy notice. Is that legal?

Asked by Ihatecreekside, Plymouth, MN Tue May 3, 2011

Answers

5
In addition to cancelled checks, you might also provide your bank with a copy of your lease.
I dont think there is anything illegal about the management company refusing to provide such a form. There are other alternatives such as cancelled checks. If they are asking for a vacancy notice why are you holding back on signing that?
Web Reference: http://www.lennyfrolov.com
Legal? Check with a lawyer, but probably. Check your lease; does it require the management company to provide a rental history to others? Probably not.

But don't focus on the legality. Focus on proving to the bank that you rented there, and that you paid the rent on time. Whether it's providing cancelled checks or signing a vacancy notice, that's what your priority should be.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
The management company has a handbook that contains rules & regulations for people who are tenants. If you don't have such a hand book, ask the management company for one (there will probably be a fee for it, as it is usually given to new tenants). That hand book should have a reference about the vacancy notice & when you are required to present the notice. The management company has a handbook that contains rules & regulations for people who are tenants. If you don't have such a hand book, ask the management company for one (there will probably be a fee for it, as it is usually given to new tenants). That hand book should have a reference about the vacancy notice & when you are to submit it. If you don’t give your vacancy to the management in the form & when specified, there could be additional fees that you may be required to pay. So, I suggest that you comply with the management company’s rules & regulations.
Will the bank accept cancelled checks, or a CRP tax form from 2010?