Rental Basics in San Antonio>Question Details

Goodbye_minn…, Other/Just Looking in San Antonio, TX

My Husband and I relocating to San Antonio and we would like to rent a Single Family Home in Cibolo Canyon.

Asked by Goodbye_minnesota, San Antonio, TX Sat Jul 25, 2009

We have not rented in over 10 years but have owned 3 homes in that period of time. We have a problem with one of our properties that did not sell and has been on the market for over 1 year - slow pays have impacted our credit and are wondering if we can still rent.

David Kirkhofer’s answer
Yes, if your current bills are up to date and you can identify your job and incoime. An application for a rental will usually rquire a $50.00 application fee (non-refundable) for each adult over the age of 18. Takes one day to get the report. If approved by the landlord then you will need to present funds for security deposit ...usually equal to first months rent. Then there could be pet secuity deposits if pets approved by the landlord. Then upon move in your first months rent in adavance. These are normal proceedures.

David Kirkhofer The Phyllis Browning Co. 210-260-9556
Everyday we come across people with similar situations, especially with these times. As Matt indicated the Property Manager plays a big role in whether or not you can rent a property. If you contact a Realtor, they can send you a list of homes that are rentals that would fit your budget. Be prepared; most of the time you will need a deposit normally the same amount of rent. Applications fees are about $55 or higher.

I want to encourage you to find out just how much this situation has impacted your credit. Simply so that you are aware of any imperfections that would need to be disputed.
There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Angela Tharp, RE/MAX Fiesta City
PS. Good luck in selling your home.
Web Reference:
As Matt explained, the answer to your question is....yes you can still rent. Are you renting at present? If so, a letter of recommendation from your present landlord will help you rent here. You will need to send an email address to a realtor here in order for us to send you properties to consider. You have not mentioned the size nor the price range you need. Or, call me on my cell 210-378-5932 and we can talk about your wants and needs.
Goodbye Minn... (Minnesota?),

It really depends on how much it has impacted your credit and how the other factors a property manager look. Every property manager is different as are the landlords. I just had clients who had some financial troubles and we were able to find them a great house with a great property manager.

The best thing you can do is write a letter of explanation and submit it with your applications. Being upfront make a world of difference.

If you need a list of properties out there send me an email and I'd be happy to do a search for you.

Hope that helps!

Matt Stigliano, Realtor
RE/MAX Access
210.893.1062 - office
210.240.6222 - cell
"Your all access pass to San Antonio real estate."