Rental Basics in Uptown>Question Details

Bert Fox, Renter in Chicago, IL

Looking for a 3 bedroom in the Aville/Uptown/Edgewater area. Looking to pay under $2,000 for Sept 1. Anyone have any suggestions? Too early to look?

Asked by Bert Fox, Chicago, IL Thu Jun 21, 2012

Place would need to be dog friendly (have small Pug) and have a parking spot. In unit laundry would be great but not a necessity.

Answers

8
Evelyn Fred’s answer
Hi Bert,

I suggest for a 9/1 rental start looking either mid or latter July. I wouldn't wait until August, by then everyone else will be looking and the school season will be around the corner. If you can lock in (security deposit required with a possible earlier occupancy date) something sooner, even better.

Rentals are really hot and I have seen multiple applications and offers of up to 3 months advance payment to secure and win the apartment. Amazing, isn't it!?

I live in Edgewater and am willing to help.

Hi Bert ! I would be glad to answer any / all questions that you might have & assist you in your quest for a dog-friendly, 3-bedroom apartment [with possible in-unit laundry]. Thanks - Bernie . . . 773.354.1066
Not too early - work with a Realtor - be prepared to provide your income and credit info.
Potentially not too early to look, as some renters contract may end by the end of August, one never knows...So what you need to do at this time is connect with a local Realtor, who would be able to
contact other Realtors in order to find potentially ending rentals that would work for you......

If the rental unit is empty it depends on the owners if they would consider Sept. 1st, 2012 to have a renter, or rather see if they can find another renter before.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in receiving information about available rental properties.
Any other requirements, the dog will narrow down the search as you know, how many bedrooms?
Do you care if parking is outside in back of building or does it have to be a garage. .....

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Most Sincerely yours,
Edith Karoline Jasser YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients....
Covering the city of Chicago and all N and NW suburbs, some of the W and SW suburbs and the fine homes of the NorthShore with @Properties with several offices in the city of Chicago, Evanston, Winnetka, Highland Park and Lake Forest
30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093

EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com or EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com (preferred)
Go to my website to find out about YourRealtor4Life, my services, expertise and feel free
to sign up for mailings of properties available.
http://tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
600 a bedroom will get you something 20 blocks from the lake or a case of lice..you choose
There are a few of them, but you are a bit early for 9/1 yet it will help you to start reviewing them now so you can see what you will get for that money. Have an agent set up a search for you. There is no cost to you. The size of the dog can make a big difference since many buildings and landlords will only take small ones.
Maybe a little too early. Rentals are flying off the shelves. Get a good leasing agent to work with. Its free to you.
Yes, it might be too early to look. Some rentals that are available now might be gone by that time. I can start emailing you rentals next month. Feel free to contact me if you need assistance.