Rental Basics in Plymouth>Question Details

Angieee, Renter in Texas

Landlord is refusing to release my rental history ( I live in Texas).

Asked by Angieee, Texas Wed Jul 11, 2012

I need the office to verify and release my rental history to a new place I'm moving into but, they are being a nightmare stating that they can't because I haven't responded in writing as to whether I would vacate or re-new. The thing is that I had replied back stating I was going to vacate and I heard nothing for almost a month and then I decided to send another letter to vacate through certified mail (USPS) and they still lied to the other apartment stating they never received it from me. I even provided evidence of the USPS receipt with the date and where it was sent. Again, they denied it (I mean, can they do this? It's certified and postmarked mail by USPS?!) so, this time around I sent in another letter but with tracking, signature confirmation and even had a witness sign it off but, I still haven't gotten word. I really need the office to hurry and release it or I will lose my apartment with another place. Are they allowed to do this? What can I do?

Answers

2
You can get your records straight, collect the data of your payments and submit to your prospective landlord. Similarly record for your utility bill payments can convince any reasonable landlord to take these payment history in account.

All the postal receipts will prove that someone received your letter. But how would you prove what you wrote in those letters. you could ask some of your friend in Texas to hand deliver the letter and ask them to sign the receipt of letter.

Dean Gupta, CRS,SFR,MBA,BROKER
Serving home Buyers/Sellers one at a Time for Full Satisfaction since 1991.
Just remember one # to Call Any time: 763-537-8382
(90% of Time you will get me on Phone on your First Attempt)
Web Reference: http://www.my-dreamhome.com
You can report it to Department of Commerce in Texas (Local office). They will crack the licensee working on property management and get things straightened out.