Rental Basics in El Paso>Question Details

Want to Rent…, Other/Just Looking in El Paso, TX

Is there a possibility to offer a lower rental price than the one being advertised? Can I haggle for a better price than whats being asked?

Asked by Want to Rent Soon, El Paso, TX Sun Dec 30, 2012

Answers

6
Please let me know the property address you would like to rent and will help you check on this.

Marta Narvaez
(915) 875-5472
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Of course it's possible. There is nothing that your Realtor can not negotiate. Your Realtor can advise you how much to offer with a quick Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). You must also take in consideration the days the property has been on the market and its present condition.

Oscar@exitwestrealty.com (915) 355-9305
Yes, however I would be cautious. In the Philly Center City area almost all of my rentals have competitive applications. In the suburbs the demand varies therefore some may be more negotiable.
Nothing is impossible, the worst thing the homeowner/landlord can say is no. With the rental market being as competitive as it is, do not expect to get much of a discount if it is priced fairly as the landlord will say he will just wait for a better offer, especially if recently listed. In the last year I have closed twice as many rentals as sales for the first time in my 9 year career and the most I was able to get discounted from asking was 12% and that was because it was overpriced, on the market for 3 months, and showed HORRIBLY due to mid-renovation. Luckily my clients saw the potential I pointed out and once it was completed it looked great. Best of luck in your search!
Great question. Absolutely, just about everything concerning Real Estate is negotiable. Owner wants to rent, just like Buyer wants to rent. It's that simple ! Good Luck !

Jorge
Professional Realtor
915-491-5522
Jorge@ TheRealEstatePowerHouses.com