Rental Basics in Niceville>Question Details

Dr. H, Home Owner in Niceville, FL

Is the rental market good for single family homes in Niceville?

Asked by Dr. H, Niceville, FL Mon May 21, 2012

We are going to build a new home in the area and are interested in renting out the home we are currently in. We have a 1900 sf, 4 br/2 ba home in a nice neighborhood, convenient to the base. If we decide to rent out our present home, is this area strong for these types of rentals? What is a realistic starting point for rents?

Answers

8
Dr. H,
I found this in the MLS for you to compare;
MLS # 576240
717 Valp Blvd
5 BR/ 2 BA, 1964 sq ft.
$1,450/mo.
You are welcome to see photos of it at our website:
http://www.brooksrealtysvc.com
go to MLS Search, and enter the MLS #.
Be sure to call us on available lots and floorplans on your NEW home plans
http://www.crh.southernventures.com
dmurphy@brooksrealtysvc.com
850 275-1040
Thanks for all the information. We won't be moving out until we build our house, but are trying to decide whether or not to put our current home on the market or rent it out. We live in Magnolia Shores subdivision, which is a nice but not too pricey neighborhood.

We have to find a lot, someone to help with plans, and a builder, so we have a ways to go.

Dr. H
I just got a call from a client who is PCSing to EAFB and wants to rent in Niceville. Actually looking for 2000 sf, but your 1900 may be close enough. They will be here in June, so if you are seriously looking for a renter and are ready I can put you two together. I don't deal in rental property so there is nothing in it for me other than the joy of helping this military couple (with no pets or small children) find a place to live. Call me at 850 259 0448 or email at lynnbowling@cox.net. Facebook is: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluewater-Bay-Niceville-FL-Hom…
Yes indeed, rentals have been trending upwards in price and inventories have lowered with the new army personnel moving into our area. Depending on your location, rents can generate a good return.
If you would like to see what rents are going for in your area, please call us and we will give you a free comparative market analysis. If you prefer to evaluate the market on your own, please visit our website at :
brooksrealtysvc.com
Go to the MLS search tab, at the top, and define your parameters for rent, location, size, etc.
I also encourage you in your plans to build a home, to engage our company, CRAFTSMAN HOMES, by SOUTHERN VENTURES, for floorplans, quality of construction, and available lots. You can visit that website at:
crh.southernventures.com
There is no obligation and we would love to discuss your plans for a new home.
Doug Murphy
Brooks Realty SVC
850 275-1040
dmurphy@brooksrealtysvc.com
brooksrealtysvc.com
If the home you are renting is in Bluewater Bay I do have a couple who vacation in BWB yearly and now want to retire here in a rental home for no more than $2,000. They have asked that the price include utilities, but I think that is a bit unreasonable. I am only doing this for them as a favor--no fees included. If the master bedroom is on the main floor and it meets the other criteria, please contact me a lynnbowling@cox.net. Check my FaceBook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluewater-Bay-Niceville-FL-Hom… or my website at: http://BluewaterBayHomesOnline.com

Lynn Bowling, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Emerald Coast
850.259.0448
Dr H,

Good rentals are hard to find here in Niceville, so you should not have any problem renting it out. Without seeing your home and what area your home is in I could not say what you can rent it for. But if you would like to call me I would be glad to answer your questions. 850-319-3502

Mary Coger
The previous answer is correct. There is a real need for rental properties. Many people coming here want to rent for at least a year prior to buying. Location is of paramount importance-- Bluewater bay swift creek Dana pointe and rocky bayou do very well. If you are interested in renting by owner I can help or I would recommend Kevin kelleher at emerald dunes. Let me know if I can be of further assistance

Myke Triebold GRI, ABR
Mykesayssold@aol.com
850-305-6256

Myke Triebold
Dr. H,
The rental market is very strong right now. Four bedroom homes in a nice neighborhood are in high demand. You should not have a problem renting your home. Without seeing the home and its condition, location and age it is hard to give a precise estimate. However, with the information provided I would estimate between $1700 and $2000. Carriage Hills Realty has a large rental department and it could guide you if you wish.

I built a new custom home last year and am so happy I did. If you need any help finding a builder give me a call. I have been through the process and would love to help guide you.

Lynn Gauthier
lynn.gauthier@cox.net
517-6444