Rental Basics in Las Vegas>Question Details

Inezvogler, Renter in Las Vegas, NV

Is it a bad idea to rent from a private owner as opposed to a management property? What are the pros and cons?

Asked by Inezvogler, Las Vegas, NV Tue Mar 5, 2013

Answers

6
Property managers have laws and regulations to follow. If not followed, fines, license suspensions are possible. Therefore, a higher level of commitment, and attention to detail is important for a property manager. This is why a credit check and income verification is crutial to a PM for qualifications. Also, we must follow equal housing laws.
And, if there are repairs needed, a property manager,SHOULD, be more accountable to get things fixed in a timely manner.
A private owner can be more flexible on security deposits or other things, yet has no governing body to regulate them. I know several people that do it themselves and its fine for them. As said below, if the house is in foreclosure, you as the tenant has very few rights to stay if and when the house is sold.
It is like buying fruit at a corner with a guy and some baskets or at the grocery store. The store has to follow rules and regulations. Both can work in there own way. With a permitted property manager, you can have more peace of mind that everything is legal and protected

If you need help in your search, I can help you with that at no cost to you. Feel free to give me a call or email me for more information
James Battaglia
702-361-6994
Realtor, Property Manager
lvhomeproperties.com
Elite Realty
8625 S Eastern Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89123
It depends on the private owner, but I would say there is a greater risk of serious problems when renting from private owners, since you don't know who you're dealing with. For example, you could be scammed by someone pretending to be the owner, the owner could be in foreclosure and not properly disclose the situation, the owner may not follow the lease or the law in regards to repairs, security deposit, or entering without notice, etc.

Property managers will tend to be more "by the book" and in compliance with the law and the terms of your lease, but also unforgiving about enforcing those terms.

Property managers are more strict and in some instances more bothersome. A private owner may excuse bad credit or limited income. A private owner, typically lives out of state. You will usually not hear from him/her. Please check county records to verify ownership and to make sure home is not in foreclosure. I can assist you with this, please contact me.

Nakia Woodson
Wardley Real Estate
702-318-1244
NakiaWoodson@yahoo.com
Property management require more qualification from Tenant, and more deposit to protect the Landlord. But in Tenant's view, It will be easier to get accepted from private owner. Just do some research to make sure landlord is the owner.
That is a great question. Below is an article on the differences. Click the link below.
When a property management company oversees a property you don't have to worry about something happening, such as a broken A/C unit and the owner being on vacation out of the country. Inez, contactcme and I can assist youcin finding your new home. Email me at lvhomesbymike@gmail.com