Rental Basics in Las Vegas>Question Details

Inezvogler, Renter in Las Vegas, NV

If I want to rent a two-bedroom apartment (one couple and one friend) do I need to let the landlord know it is three people renting?

Asked by Inezvogler, Las Vegas, NV Tue Mar 5, 2013

Answers

4

When you are dealing directly with the home owner,....you will be renting under their criteria. There is no way to give you an answer on that one way or the other. Some owners are more strict and others are more lenient.

However,...if you are dealing with a home that is being run through a property management company, it is going to be more then likely that they will want to know about all adults living on premise. They will probably charge an application fee for each individual and run credit and background checks.

I would be happy to help you find a rental that meets your needs.
Feel free to call or email me.
My contact info is below....

Hank Lauzon III

Exit Realty Number 1
6600 W. Charleston #119
Las Vegas, Nv 89146

Cell 702-449-0899
Office 702-949-2409
Fax 702-543-6844

Web : http://www.HanksLVRealestate.com

Email: HankLVRealestate@aol.com

Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/HanksLasVegasRealEstate
Never look down on anybody...unless you're helping them up.
If a friend is living in the residence as a co-tenant with you and your spouse, you should probably disclose this to your landlord. Unless you are sub-leasing an extra room to a friend, you want to be sure your leasing contract allows sub-leasing.

Margaret
Keller Williams Realty, the Market Place
RealEstate.LasVegas@aol.com
702.280.8859
All adult's name has to be in lease contract. Unless you put your friend as a guest. But guest must pay extra fee if he live in the property more than contract allowed period.
My email is wupeggy22@yahoo.com, If you need my service.
You shouldn't hide information from a landlord when applying for or signing a lease. If you told them, there was only two people living in the unit (and that was on your lease) and the landlord discovered there was 3, you would be in violation of your lease contract. Just be honest.