Rental Basics in 30344>Question Details

Smobley07, Renter in Atlanta, GA

I want to get a couple of homes and rent them out toget extra income here in atlanta do i need a real estate license or a brokerage license or nither?

Asked by Smobley07, Atlanta, GA Sat Feb 25, 2012

Answers

4
As the earlier answers indicated no license is needed. Keep in mind you are running a business, providing services and dealing with the public. Rental housing is a 24/7/365 business. Having a knowledgeable, experienced, professional handle this investment will generate superior results. If you decided to open an auto transmission repair business, just because you owned cars in the past would not qualify you to work on the transmissions of your customers. Even if you read a couple of books and went to a course of two, you probably should not be working on a customer’s transmission. Doing so would put your investment in the business at risk. Don't make the same mistake with rental housing.

If you would like assistance, I represent a large number of investors and their properties.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
CRS, CRB, ABR, MSRE, CDPE, e-PRO, ESQ
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Internet Professional
203K Certified Specialist
Attorney
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office
bruce@locationlocationlocation.com
http://www.LocationLocationLocation.com
No, but I strongly urge you to work with a real estate attorney in Georgia who knows landlord/tenant law.
If I understand your question correctly you want to buy some property and then be the landlord. You do not need a license to be a landlord.
You shouldn't need a real estate license if all you want to do is be a landlord. You might want to work with a realtor, however, to help you purchase these homes and find and keep good tenants.