Rental Basics in 55107>Question Details

Keith Hill, Home Owner in Beaumont, CA

I sign a contract with a property management company.In 15 months the tenants ripped the house apart,Do I have any legal recourse for miss management.

Asked by Keith Hill, Beaumont, CA Thu Sep 29, 2011

I live out of state and am unable to view the property,after the eviction,I went to the property and saw the front yard was dead and had 3 ft high trees growing in the yard.the property manager is taking no responsibility for the the damages.Is there any legal grounds to sue them in california.

Help the community by answering this question:


Mnlakeplace’s answer
I would seek legal advice sounds like you have to problems 1 the company the other the tenant.
You can go after the tenant not sure about the Management company.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 24, 2012
you have two separate problems here;
The damage and the lack of maintenance:
The Damage is beyond their control, and the maintenance doesn't sound worth pursuing.

Find a new Company and a new tenant and write it off.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 30, 2011
Step one is review your property management agreement. Did they hold up their end of what was spelled out in that agreement? If not, you may have some action against them, but in most cases the manager will protect themselves against the actions of the tenants. Being a landlord isn't easy, being long distance is harder.
Regardless of whether they are responsible this time, put the necessary changes into the next agreement so this doesn't happen again. I'm sorry for your troubles.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 30, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer