Rental Basics in 11238>Question Details

Kimberly Swe…, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

I requested information on 3 listings and have not heard anything back; is this common?

Asked by Kimberly Swedenberg, Brooklyn, NY Fri Mar 25, 2011

I am actively looking for a 1 bedroom/studio apartment in Brooklyn NY and am not getting responses from any requests for information. Is this common? I am new to the site and am not sure what I might be doing wrong.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Answers

8
Hi, Unfortunately it is common and I'll never understand it. Some agents aren't as active on here as others on Trulia. I make sure all of my requests go directly to an email address that I fequent. Try calling direct if a number is provided.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 29, 2011
Did you find anything yet ? If not call me 646 470 8654
Kimberly: I came across your profile on Trulia and I'd like to connect with you. I am active in Midwood, Gravesend, Bensonhurst and other surrounding areas - please contact me - I have units that may fit your bill.

Jack Menashe
917.797.0215
http://www.SHERestates.com
The areas you are seeking require that you spend at least 1400 on a studio and 1695 for a one bedroom. Real Estate is a lot more expensive than what you are looking to spend.

Another point is that you are looking too early. Any units I have I am looking to rent by April 15th the latest. However I will let you know if anything comes why way. I have kensington on the other side of Prospect park for 1100. Across the street from the F train.

Wow - thank you for all the responses - I am currently in a shared apartment and my roommate is moving out May 1st - I too would like to move out on this date as well since I will not be able to cover the full rent of our 2 bedroom

Basics - move in May 1st
Budget - about $1200 month
Must haves - close to the city and safe - Ideally Park slope south, Greenwood, Prospect Heights
Wiggle Room - Though a 1 bedroom would be awesome I know my budget is small so I am more than willing to accept a studio, I do not care about walk-up vs elevator
Ideal preferences - brownstone and/or outdoor space
Competition is based on quality not quantity. There are many agents out there. The good agents only compete with other good agents, the rest give us a bad name. If you make a reasonable request for information, you should get a response. If you ask a question to the listing agent of a particular property, it is in their best interest to answer you as soon as possilbe. If you would like quality service, call an agent and ask them to help you find an apartment, and work with that agent until they finish the job to your satisfaction.
Dear Kimberly:

Usually you should get some type of response. If you need help finding an apartment, please contact me, I would be more than happy to show you some and/or find info on any properties you see here on Trulia or elsewhere.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
What is your price point? Maybe the listings are unavailable and there is nothing else for that price point? If your move-in date is more than 60 days away, it is probably too early to start looking.

What is your criteria?