Rental Basics in San Antonio>Question Details

Iamrgb, Renter in San Antonio, TX

I rented an apt. in Savannah, GA. My realtor in TX needs verification of this to sign a lease here, but the original company will not respond? help??

Asked by Iamrgb, San Antonio, TX Tue Apr 26, 2011

In 2005 I rented an apartment in Savannah, GA while I was attending college. It is not 2011 and I am applying for a lease here in San Antonio, TX. My current realtor needs verification of my rental history and has made numerous attempts to contact the realty agency in GA< but they will not respond. I have also, emailed, called, left messages and even sent a certified letter requiring a signature to ensure receipt, but they still will not respond and send the proper documentation to verify that I rented from their agency and fulfilled my end of the lease! The TX realtor cannot hold the property, and I certainly understand why they have the required verification and will not "bend the rules". I'm still searching high and low, but the only documents I have that prove I rented their property are a copy of my lease extension (I needed an extra 3 months due to summer classes) and voided checks to the utility company in GA with bills showing the address.
What am I suppose to do here?