Rental Basics in 90230>Question Details

Chelsea, Other/Just Looking in 90230

I own a rental property in Culver City that needs to be fumigated, what are my financial responsibilities to

Asked by Chelsea, 90230 Thu Aug 6, 2009

the renters?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Chelsea,
Termite fumigation requires the tenting of the building for 2-3 days, and for the occupants to be out. Common though this situation is, there is NO LAW about how this should be handled. The temporary exit costs the tenants lodging and restaurant meals, food replacement and substantial time to move clothes, medicine and essentials to the hotel/motel, re-route phone calls and mail, set up alternative transportation and child care, in addition to having an apartment that can't be used for those days.
It's my feeling that the landlord should cover the costs of this expense for the tenant,either outright or through future rents as a credit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 26, 2009
These kinds of issues are usually controlled by municipal (rather than county, state or federal) agencies. You'll need to check out Culver City's Housing Dept. regulations online if no local agents can answer the question here for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 7, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer