Rental Basics in Oceanside>Question Details

David, Both Buyer and Seller in Santa Clara County, CA

I need to rent out my house in Oceanside, CA. How much would a property manager cost?

Asked by David, Santa Clara County, CA Wed May 4, 2011

I recently moved to the Bay Area to start a new job. I'm left with a house in Fire Mountain that needs to be rented out and I'm finding it hard to remotely manage both the fixer upper projects and finding a future tenant.

How much would it cost to hire a property manager to find me a renter in the next month or so and be the point of contact over the course of the lease for any renter related calls?

The house is a 4/2.5 and is a pretty spacious 2100 sqft. It's great for families with kids (the neighborhood is very family oriented) and that's probably the demographic that I would like to target.

Answers

17
David, Are you still there? I have yet to see you address one comment. If you are really looking for some help and direction it looks as though you've had a bunch of pretty good advice from some very well qualified professionals. I'd say the ball is now in your court. You may want to peruse some of the advice you've received thus far.
At Del Val Property Management we generally charge some where in the 7% to 10% range depending on type of home and rent range - we do also have a $80 minimum per month
David, I am in the Fire mountain area, a home like that could be rented between 2,300 to 2,500 I need to see the condition of the home, To get a renter there, advertise your home put up a sign and screen the applicants is 50% of the first rent. If you want me to do the monthly property management for you would be 9% of the rent .
I am here to help you,

Mercedes Moreno
Oceanview Property Management
2003, S El Camino real, Suite 109
Oceanside, Ca 92054
phone 760-435-9253
fax 760-435-9343
oceanviewhomes@email.com

Please contact me to discuss
Retaining a PM is tricky, especially as being out of the area. I have personal horror stories of new homes being trashed by tenants courtesy of inattentive PMs.

I have not talked to these guys, but came across them on Trulia and they maybe worth your time in checking out:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/chris_demarco/2011/05/an_invitati…

I would suggest you not go with a one person. Giving a choice of showing/listing houses that might lead to a sale vs. dealing with tenants, the property management comes second.

Best of Luck.

BeachBrokerBill
DRE#01775528
Hello again David. We have very competitive PM rates and we are also general contractors who specialize in rehab, remodel and continuing maintenance requirements on all of our properties. We are a North San Diego County based family owned and operated company with almost 100 years of RE and construction experience.
I am a Property Manager with Oceanview Property Management in Oceanside, Please give me a call, I know my market area and I am on top of anything needed to rent it out.
Sincerely
Mercedes Moreno
Oceanview Property Management
2003 S. El Camino Real # 109
Oceanside, CA 92054
phone 760-435-9253
oceanviewhomes@email.com
Typically a broker or realtor would charge a standard 10% of the monthly rent to manage the property. Securing a tenant by advertising and running the credit check would be an additional fee. I hope this answers your question. If you need any other assistance, call 760-840-7028 email darcybox@prusd.com or visit www. Carlsbad-realestate.com
David, our clients live in Fire Mountain and are trying to find a 4 bedroom rental in the area at the moment.
Give us a call or send us an email. No Commissions involved, if you have the rental contract etc., just helping them out.
Melia and Oliver
760 805 9336
Web Reference: http://www.theindras.com
I have a property management broker in my office, his name is Homer Jenkins. Please give him a call on his cell number 760 212-3512. Tell him Team M&M sent you and ask for a discount! If you have any Real Estate questions we have the answers!!

All My Best
Maro Villicana
Teammnm

Century 21 Mission
501 Mission Ave
Oceanside CA, 92054
REO, Short Sales Specialist
DRE License# 01724539
Direct: (760) 966-7436 x 121
Cell: Maro (760) 908-5715
Cell: Marisa (760) 801-6714
Direct: (760) 966-7436 x127
Fax: (760) 946-7668
Visit us at http://www.TeamMnMSells.com for current listings!
"Got REAL estate questions? ..We have REAL estate answers..!"
What are you asking for rent? I do have clients looking for coastal North County properties. We are full service real estate broker, rehab contractor, property management company and investment group all under one roof and owned by one family. We provide a turn key, one stop solution to your real estate needs. Give us a call at 760 815-6977 or email us at john@arendsengroup.com.
Hi David,
I charge 7.5% of monthly rent. I've grown up in Oceanside and am very familiar with Fire Mountain. Contact me if you are interested in working together- I look forward to it!

Sinead McAllister
McAllister Homes
858-205-5215
A home warranty plan can sometimes ease the hassle of getting repairs done once a tenant is in place. Expect to pay about $400/yr and then $60 per incident. If you choose that option, then either a property management company or real estate agent can help with finding, screening, and drawing the lease with a new tenant.
Hi ,
We do property Management. We charge 10% of the rent. I manage couple of properties in Carlsbad area now.
Please call me to discuss.
S Nathan
San Diego Realty & Property Management,Inc
858-922-6014
Web Reference: http://www.sdrpm.com
Congratulations on your new job in the Bay Area.
Property managements usually charge a flat fee to find a tenant (often equal to 1/2 month rent) and 8-10% monthly to manage the property. I will be very glad to give you a couple of referrals.
Let me know if I can help you in any other way,

Daniela Marshall
Realty Executives
760-809 3003
License 01056741
Web Reference: http://DanielaMarshall.com
Call Wes at Trinity Property Management. (760)487-1130. Tell him Tyler gave you his number. You definitely need a property manager. BTW- it is illegal to market to a specific
Hi the fee normally is 10% of the rent. Please let me know if you would like to meet to discuss the process and explain our services. Thanks and best of luck!

Rod Watson
RE/MAX Associates
4747 Morena Blvd
San Diego, CA
D: 800-264-3608 ext: 1001
E: thewatsongrouprealty@gmail.com
They usually charge about 10% and they handle everything for you. Let me know if you need a few referrals. I can send a few your way.

Raschel A. Kloos, Realtor 01242504
raschel@sdrealestateneeds.com
760-845-4744