Rental Basics in Miami>Question Details

anacagarcia, Renter in Miami, FL

I need to rent an apartment with 2BD, but I don´t have social security number, how can I rent? Can I rent with passport?

Asked by anacagarcia, Miami, FL Mon Feb 11, 2013

Answers

7
Gustavo Diliz’s answer
Yes, of course you can rent with your valid passport. Sometimes depends of the Association requirements in case you rent a condo. For a S/F house is much easier, because is the owner who is going to accept the document without a SS.

Gustavo Diliz
305-692-9988
Yaffe Int. Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 11, 2013
Be honest and straight forward with any agent or landlord or property manager.

If you are on a valid visa in the country you will easily get to rent by explaining
Your situation.

You may have to put a higher deposit or a slightly rent to be paid, but it gets done
All the time.

Perry
I need to rent an apartment but I don't have a social security number. how can I rent? what apartments are available that do not require a ssn?
That will be strictly up to the Landlord, Condo Association and/or Management Co to decide. Many rentals do require you to provide your social security number and a copy of your credit report. If you do not have a SS# you have no credit history. If you default on payment Landlord cannot effectively file a judgement against you. In my opinion most quality rentals will require a credit report. Please get informed before you pay any application fees.
Hi, the requirements for rentals vary on the association of the apartment you would like to rent.
Each condo association has it's own bylaws and rules.
Once you find an apartment you would like to rent, contact the association. I have a 2 bed/ 2 bath unit available now that they owner has no problems with you renting as long as the association approves you. You do need, legal and valid passport, visa and proof of a job or funds.

If I can assist further, please give me a call: cell is 305-793-8476
I M A CLERK IN BANK OF AMERICA IN BROOKLYN NEWYORK IF U DNT MIND THEN MEET ME ON FB ELSA
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013
Yes you can! I have a lot of rental properties in different areas of Miami, please contact me at your convenience at number or email below.

Meg Sahdala

Vivienda Miami Real Estate Group
E-mail: meg@viviendarealtors.com
Tel: 305.877.2880
Fax: 305.675.3976
http://www.PerfectFloridaProperties.com
You do not need a social security number to rent a place. A passport is sufficient. You do however need to have a valid (current) visa in your passport for the vast majority of places.

Contact me with any other questions or if you would like me to help.

Alin Zdroba
Propertio
954-418-2154
alin.zdroba@propertio.com
Web Reference: Http://propertio.com