Rental Basics in 30317>Question Details

Iluryan Ente…, Home Buyer in 30306

I need to list my property for rent in Kirkwood. 3br/2 bath. I would like for the agent to perform the

Asked by Iluryan Enterprise, Inc., 30306 Fri Jan 23, 2009

credit/background check, show the property and/or basic approval steps. Currently, I am not interested in property management services and, only needing to locate a tenant. How much do agents usually change for this?

Answers

11
You usually get what you pay for. A true property management company will probably charge 1 month's rent but the commission is always negotiable. They will spend quite a bit of money and time marketing your home, showing prospective tenants, taking applications and qualifying the tenant, writing the lease and making sure there is a smooth transaction with no suprises. They will also offer a generous portion of the commission you pay them to any agent that finds them a tenant....very important point in this market.They will have seasoned, experienced agents who deal exclusively with property management, Georgia tenant/landlord laws, proper screening and a good history of successfully renting properties. Check out http://www.crowngeorgia.com and http://www.narpm.org. They have a great information for the consumer. I would recommend Crown but I don't think they work your area.

We have seen a rapid increase in rental properties coming on the market that is causing properties to rent for less money and take twice as long to find a good tenant. Make sure the company you choose has recently rented homes in your area and markets your property in all the major sites such as rent.com, FMLS.com, realtor.com, ajchomefinder.com, postlets,oodle,vast,hotpads,yahoo,craigslist...etc. They need to have someone that actually answers the phone when a potential tenant calls too. Right now tenants will just move to the next property on the list until they get someone to take their call vs leaving a message and hoping to get a call back.

Make sure you thoroughly interview the company you choose. Good luck.
Deryk Harper
Managing Broker
Key Locations Property Management LLC
Derek and Lee are the best bets for you - or is that Derek and Ray Liota? I'd get with each of them.

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
Prudential GA Realty
678-428-8276
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 24, 2009
Lluryan... There is no "usual" charge. Each company sets their fees and some companies allow their agents to set their own fees.

Therefore, I would recommend that you interview a few different agents to determine who is going to do the best job for you in protecting your interest. And you can certainly compare fees between the agents also; however, I would caution any consumer on thinking that all agents are the same and just choosing the cheapest. Sometimes you do pay for what you get!

There is a huge difference between agents which explains why some agents are thriving in this market and others are not!
Web Reference: http://www.HomesByLorie.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
I can only speak for my company and our policies. Typically we charge the 1st full month's rent as a tenant placement fee, but currently we are offering a special to potential new owner/landlords. We are offering a "No Up-Front Tenant Placement Fee". We only require a $350.00 administrative fee to cover the cost of co-op and processing all the paperwork. I have found over the years that it is better to offer discounts such as this in order not only to generate a higher rate of return, but to build and expand my client database. Satisfied clients will always refer your services to someone they know or meet. It is a proven fact, when you offer professional services at a quality unbeatable price it will certainly pay off for you in the long run. My clients have and continue to be satisfied with our services and I will continue to offer discounts to grow and expand our business. Calvin Gleaton, Direct Cell: 770-652-3827.
Hi Lluryan,
My company, Atlanta CityLiving Properties, charges 1/2 of one months rent to lease a property. We perform credit/criminal checks, verify employment and income, and review the prospect's past rental or mortage history. The prospect pays the application fee. We are available to show the property 7 days a week at any reasonable hour.

If I can be of assistance please contact me:
Krystal Wilbanks
(404)358-5754
info@atlantacitylivingproperties.com
We will charge 3%-4% of the total rent. Please call us at 713-526-1802.
Web Reference: http://www.kaldis.com
Deryk is the man on matters like these - he is running a very respected property management business. I would trust Deryk with the keys to my property.

Deryk - if you need help navigating Kirkwood, then I'll be your driver. First things first - we are going to get a Ghetto Burger at Miss Ann's Snack Bar on Memorial. The best burger in America according to the Wall Street Journal.

Hank - if I look like Ray Liotta, then you look like ... you look like ... George Gobel.
This is really simple - it depends on the agent's marketing plan.

For instance, The Rootdown Group will have a rental listing on over 30 websites - not just autopopulated IDX placements, but 30 separate user accounts.

Do you have a Section 8 voucher?

You'll see fees ranging from $1000 to $2000 for a property like this...
We charge first mont rent, we provide you a credit check, backgorund check, rental history, and employment history. visit our site to see how we market rental properties. http://www.kstrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.kstrealty.com
I usually charge between a half months and a months rent to secure a renter for my clients.
It can vary. Most charge a portion of the deposit and then you would pay for the credit and background check.