Solomon Garg…, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA

I'm not a fan of the "gritty" San Francisco aesthetic. Where should I look if I want to be comfortable walking around at night?

Asked by Solomon Garger, San Francisco, CA Tue Apr 3, 2012

Answers

6
Either buy a pair of 90 pound rottweilers or move to Ross. Seriously, most of SF neighborhoods are quite safe at night, not all, but most. Before you jump to conclusions, look at the police department's crime stat map. But people sometimes get victimized even in the best neighborhoods. I think the fear of crime is way out of proportion to its actual occurrence here, save for a very few neighborhoods, such as parts of SOMA or the Mission. Ian
Trulia also has a pretty cool crime map. You can see which neighborhoods have a high number of violent crimes. http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/San_Francisco-California/crime/
Flag Tue Apr 10, 2012
Walnut Creek might appeal to you but gosh it might be to gritty too. Where do you live now that isn't gritty?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 4, 2012
Jed Lane; Fog…, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
Hi Solomon,

You should consider checking out the Marina, Pacific Heights, Cow Hollow, Noe Valley, and maybe South Beach where you can walk along the Embarcadero.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 3, 2012
If you want to get out of the "City", Burlingame, San Mateo or San Carlos come to mind. If you want to stay in the City, The Marina is a good place to hang out.

Best.

Tap
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 3, 2012
Hey Solomon,
call me tomorrow and we can talk a little about what's important to you about neighborhood and I'll give you a customized District map that will help you with your search...

Brian Kelly 415 846 5017
I see you've spotted the joys of urban living. While my colleagues have suggested suburban places, remember that part of urban living is redevelopment and renewal.

The current places for that are South Beach on Berry Street and Missiob Bay.