Rental Basics in West Orange>Question Details

beth168620, Renter in New York, NY

I'm looking for a rental in West Orange/Livingston but have a question about who pays the fee- is it usually the owner or the

Asked by beth168620, New York, NY Sat Jun 9, 2012

renter?
Beth

Answers

4
Beth,

Not sure if that link is working. If not, try: http://emailrpt.gsmls.com/public/show_public_report_rpt.do?r…
Beth,

Its most common in this area that the renter is responsible for the broker's fee which is typically equal to one month's rent which is due at lease signing. Sometimes a landlord is willing to split the fee and/or pay the entire fee but unfortunately that is rare. IMO by the tenant having to pay the fee, in addition to 1 1/2 month security and one month's rent, can really be a financial burden on a renter/tenant and sometimes when I find no units for rent where the owner/landlord is willing to pay the fee, I often tell renters to try finding a for rent by owner unless of course, they don't mind paying the fee.

Depending on what you want to pay in rent, there are 7 rentals that the landlord is willing to pay the commission or at least split it half with the tenant. Here's the information: http://emailrpt.gsmls.com/public/show_public_report_rpt.do?r… Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
Hi Beth usually the renter/ tenant pays the fee. I can assist you with finding a rental if you'd like. I have a few openings this week and can assist you with showing some rentals. Feel free to contact me directly if interested. Thanks

Laquita Baez
Weichert Realtors Summit, NJ
908-277-1200 x. 226
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers Atlanta, Ga
404-843-2500
Hi Beth,

The renter usually pays the fee, but once in a while it is shared 50/50 renter and owner or by the owner alone.

Lou

Louis Caprario
ERA Carano Realtors
444 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
Office: 973-736-5525 ext 18