Helaurin, Both Buyer and Seller in Havertown, PA

I'm helping out a friend to look at her options and need some general advice on the likelihood of her finding a place to rent with no real

Asked by Helaurin, Havertown, PA Tue Nov 8, 2011

income. Friend was given a letter of eviction from her current landlord (many problems w/ the property she was renting, he refused to address them, so she called L&I and began withholding rent. L&I cited the landlord numerous times & he still hasn't fixed much & this has been dragging on for months). Landlord sent her a letter demanding she vacate immediately. The problem is that since this began, the landlord & "his people" have harassed her, made statements that have made her fearful & she's been unable to work. She has no job at this point, her credit is ruined & she's now on public assistance with a total income of $419/month, which is mostly food stamps; her monthly cash in is about $110/month. Suggestions? She needs at least 2 bedrooms - one for her & one for her child. The birthfather doesn't pay child support & even if he did, it wouldn't be more than $100/mo. Landlord won't let her stay and it isn't safe there anyhow.

Answers

1
check with gov't agencies etc....its tough...also, a realtive can cosign?