Bruna Melo, Renter in New York, NY

I`m Brazilian and I`ll live in NY for an year. Is it possible to rent an apartment not being an US resident? Can I do it online?

Asked by Bruna Melo, New York, NY Sun Aug 18, 2013

Answers

8
Hi, Bruna

Yes you can absolutely rent an apartment in US not being a resident. You can fill up the application online and pay an application fee.All the paper work can be send to your broker via email or fax. The lease can be send to you ,since they need an original signature via FedEx. The most important is the payment ,the standard is one month rent and 1 month security deposit. But since you are not a resident they may ask to pay all year upfront, or you can have a US grantor. If you are looking for an apartment in NYC, please feel free to contact me and we can discuss further details.
Email:tatsiana@calibernyc.com

Thank you

Tatsiana Hernandez
Caliber Associates
347.486.2728

Ta
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 31, 2013
Yes it is possible, it does depend on where you are looking to live, however, and what your payment method would be. Make sure your broker does not take advantage of you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 18, 2013
Yes you can. I have a landlord who will do Brazilian credit check. You can do it online, but highly I recommend you do it in person.
Hi Bruno,

Thanks for posting your question. Yes, it is possible to rent an apartment as a foreigner, whether you are here on business or for studies. I also speak Portuguese and have helped many students and business associates find their homes. Please send me an email so I can walk you through the process. Have a fantastic day!

Donny
Citi Habitats
37 Third Ave
New York, NY 10003
Cell: 917 396 6906 | Work: 212 937 8500 Ext. 238
Yes, there is a possibility you can get something accomplished via the Internet. I can't guarantee you can complete the transaction via this method. I am highly experienced with International Renters. Contact me so we can discuss.

RAFAEL BARBOSA
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson

COLDWELL BANKER
729 Seventh Ave. 4th Floor, New York, NY 10010
T 212.989.0880 C 917.435.6611 F 212.989.0550
You can rent, therefore consider working with an agent of your own...
Hi Bruna

Yes it's possible to rent an apartment in NYC the main concern for a landlord is your method of payment as far as doing it on line you can do somethings on line but at some point you would probably have to meet the realtor or the landlord but anything is possible

Thanks Felix
(917)692-7702
Yes you can do. Please let me know if you want to see some apartments. My cell is 347-248-9726