Katie.hirose…, Renter in Black Forest, CO

I just need to know how I go about finding a real estate agent to help me with a rental and what the cost would be if anything to get help?

Asked by Katie.hirose2009, Black Forest, CO Tue Apr 24, 2012

Just relocated to Colorado and am beginning my search for a house to rent. My husband and I want to try and stay under $1100 a month and would prefer to live in the mountains where we do not have neighbors directly next to us if at all possible. We do have to live in any specific area in Colorado. We do have two dogs, and would need at least a 3 bedroom/2 bath, with a fenced yard. We have been looking in areas such as: Evergreen, Black Forest, Kittredge, Manitou Springs, Golden, Parker, etc. We are trying to keep the cost down, so we can save to purchase a house here within the next 2 years. We don't know much about the cities here, so we may not even know about a great affordable mountain town. I have looked on craigslist.com and padmapper with no real luck or just see/find scams! Email me w/ any info at: Katie.Hirose2009@gmail.com

Answers

3
Katie: You might also try talking with Housing Helpers. I included their website below. They have helped a few of my friends find rentals over the years. Hopefully they can help!
Web Reference: http://housinghelpers.com/
Hi Katie, The rental market here is very steep with vacancy rates around 3%. Inventory is down which is forcing rental prices up. Most agents do not handle the rental market other than their own rentals but most are all occupied. You will have a better chance up in the foothills since there will be a lowwer pertage pf folks looking for rentals. Give me a call and I would be happy to talk with you about some other options and the areas. Try rent.com, fyi.
What city are included in the foothills and how long is it from colorado springs and or denver? Thanks for the quick response and information!
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
HI: no charge to you to get a list of rentals that are currently listed through the MLS. I'd be happy to send you a list right away. http://www.dbcolorado.com
Darren that would be beyond great! Is this a central website with all rentals listed in the MLS. I just moved from CA and we had one there, but I haven't been able to find a website in CO that allows me to that :(. Let me know!
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012