Dmart66, Renter in Upper Montclair, NJ

I have 2 old collies. Are dogs allowed in area apartments?

Asked by Dmart66, Upper Montclair, NJ Sat Apr 14, 2012

I am seeking an apartment in Montclair for a June 1st move-in date. I am a single, professional graphic designer (works in NYC), currently selling my home in Sparta NJ. I am neat, quiet and have excellent references.

Answers

3
It is a matter of preference for the landlord or the homeowners association whether or not pets are allowed. As a pet lover I was curious and checked the current listings in Upper Montclair. Woefully most do not allow any pets, even with an extra pet security deposit.

I just wanted to alert you to the fact I found one unusually good listing - a 1 bedroom, that would fit your timetable, but may be too small. Another 2 were roomy 3 and 4 bedroom, but at a higher rents, $2900-$3500.

Some of this information is best discovered and negotiated with the help of an agent, so you may want to find an agent you are comfortable with, since you will need to act quickly when the few listings that welcome pets show up.

Mercure Volt
Sale Associate
Elite Realtors of NJ

973-818-8506

www,yourHometownsearch.com
No one answer!

It varies from building to building.

It also varies from one home owner to the next.

Some allow cats, not dogs. Some allow dogs under a certain weight.

Some will allow pets with pet security...

On the listings that you see it will say 'pets allowed?"

It can be a challenge sometimes.....

I hope that helps...if you need assistance, let me know....

Joyce Slous
Broker/Sales
973 820 1734
Let me try to help you out with this. There are many apartments willing to take pets. Often their willingness is based on the size of the animal - for example dogs under 35 lbs good, over that not so much. But often it really is a case by case situation. I you've got a realtor ask her (or him) to help you out with this. Often a pro can talk the talk that landlords listen to. If you have any other questions or need help with your rental feel free to give me a call or text (201-803-4791) or shoot me an email (switz1207@gmail.com) and I'll see what I can do to make life easy for you and your collies. Good luck!

Susan Horowitz
sales associate Keller Williams NJ Metro Group