Rental Basics in San Antonio>Question Details

Andrea, Renter in San Antonio, TX

I have bad credit and my boyfriend has good credit, is it still possible to rent a house in the NW area of San Antonio? 3bdrm 2bthrm

Asked by Andrea, San Antonio, TX Wed Sep 19, 2012

Was also told that we couldn't combine our incomes because we're not common law or legally married, we only have till 10/31. Can anyone help?!

Answers

6
As you both will be on the lease, both will have to qualify for it. The landlord and property manager will take into account both your credit histories and your income. It the same as it would be if you were buying a home. You can use your combined incomes to buy a home for an FHA loan and a conventional loan. The only time that doesn't work is with a VA loan unless both of you are veterans and both want to use your entitlements.

If you'd like to discuss it in more detail, give me a call at 210-491-0021 x140. I have been helped clients buy, rent or sell since 1985. Here's a link to my website for more details http://MySanAntonioHome.net.
Call me id be glad to help u my name is sylvia n im a realtor n I work with sellsmart real estate 210 730-6396
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 22, 2012
Any way I can talk you out of wasting good hard earned money on rent when you can get a MUCH NICER home if you buy one? Just gotta ask ;) Best time to buy a home we may ever see in our lifetimes.
Hi i'm sure it is possible we just need to see up front if agents are willing to take the risk of that. every person over the age of 18 has to sign a lease app. So with this info your income should be combined.
Id be happy to help if you like u can call me at 210 730-6396 thank you,sylviawith sellsmart real estate
Call me and we will see. (210)455-7635