Question Details

Looking for…, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I have a single home property. My tenant would like for me to report the rent payment to the credit bureau. Will and howI be able to do this?

Asked by Looking for Knowledge, Atlanta, GA Thu May 3, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi looking.

As I understand it, only members of the bureau may add items. We add alternative credit for folks qualifying for FHA or other loans that allow alternative credit through our bank portal at the bureaus. Most apartment complexes etc do not report timely payments either, they only report if the tenant is late or in collections. Should your tenant wish to qualify for a home purchase, then his loan officer can verify his payment history with you and dutifully report it to the bureaus. Alternatively, your tenant can furnish 12 or 24 months of canceled checks and acheive the same goal.

hope this helps you! Jim
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer