Rental Basics in Los Angeles>Question Details

Ray, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

I have a home with a separate back house in Los Angeles. How do I go about getting a permit to rent it out?

Asked by Ray, Los Angeles, CA Mon Aug 9, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Ray,

If everything else is legal regarding the structure itself, all you need is a rental permit from the L.A. Housing Department's Rent Stabilization Board. Costs are minimal but your property will be subject to bi-yearly inspections by city inspectors once you've applied. This can obviously result in your property being cited for structural issues later on. Best of Luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 17, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer