Rental Basics in Scottsdale>Question Details

jtroywa, Home Buyer in Scottsdale, AZ

I'd like to get a better perspective of the rental market in 850254 zip code for detached single family homes.

Asked by jtroywa, Scottsdale, AZ Wed Nov 7, 2012

What is the renters demographics? would be very happy to talk to local property managers.
Example: brick, one-story single family built in 80's, clean, with a bit outdated appliances, cabinets... well (not great) maintained, 1750-2000 sq ft. between Bell/Thunderbird, 56str and scottsdale rd...
Thank youstion (optional)

Answers

3
I just helped a family rent a home in that neighborhood. Very popular area because of Horizon high school. Prices ranged between $1800-$2300. Does the home have a pool? That's a must for many families looking to rent in that family friendly area. Many of my clients actually prefer one-story homes and they like that the rooms are much bigger in the older homes. So chances are you'll be able to rent fast if you price it right. Thanksgiving weekend is a big weekend for moving a lot of people try to close on a rental around that time. A couple of things to think about as a future landlord:
1. Include pool service and landscaping in the rent?
2. Run a background/credit check of your prospective tenants!
3. Pets: yes or no and should you limit the size?
I learned all this from experience! Give me a call if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help.
There are not any for rent in your specific area & with your criteria at this time, and it's a great rental market for families. You should not have any problem renting your house.
The rental market in this area is very strong and you should expect to find a tenant within 30 days. Do you currently own this home or are you in escrow on it now? I have extensive recommendations from my clients regarding my property management services. Here is a link to view rental comparables in the area: http://www.flexmls.com/cgi-bin/mainmenu.cgi?cmd=url+other/ru…

I look forward to hearing from you soon.