Rental Basics in Queen Creek>Question Details

Jenn, Home Buyer in Queen Creek, AZ

I am renting out a home in Queen Creek. I wanted to know what the landlord was responsible to pay for vs the tenant? Does the tenant pay utilities?

Asked by Jenn, Queen Creek, AZ Wed Sep 29, 2010

Answers

7
The standard residential lease form in Arizona outlines who pays for what, but everything is negotiable. It's very unusual to have utilities included in the monthly rent.
I own a rental in Queen Creek. Owner pays HOA and taxes. Renter pays everything else. Although as a owner I would pay for COX cable, Cox high speed internet, Water, Gas, Sewer, garbage pick-up. But the rent would rise from $1,000 to $1,300.

Investor Mike
JENN
YOU WILL LOVE QUEEN CREEK - IF YOU NEED HELP IN THE FUTURE IN QUEEN CREEK FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME !

THANKS
STEPHANIE SANDOVAL
CASH BACK REALTY
Everything is negotiable. TYpically the landlord pays the mortgage, taxes, fire insurance. Tenant usually pays all utilities and their own renter's insirance policy. The main negotiable items are HOA Dues, Pool Maintenance and Landscape maintenance.
Web Reference: http://www.SearchAZmls.com
All contracts are negotiable. Be sure to protect yourself by knowing clearly who pays for what. Even if it is a preprinted contract, items can be changed, deleted, or added by initialing the changes. Sometimes the agreement doesn't address who pays for utilities, so make sure everything is in writing and agreed upon before signing it. I hope this helps you.
Hey Jenn!
the standard residential lease form in Arizona outlines who pays for what. It's very unusual to have utilities included in the monthly rent. A general standard of practice though is that the HOA fees ARE included in the monthly rent. It's all negotiable:-)
If you have yet to enter into an agreement, negotiate who pays what. If you have already signed an agreement, read it and see what it says. If the agreement fails to address your concerns, you're going to be left with negotiating terms after the fact, a very bad place to be.
Web Reference: http://www.golftobeach.com