Rental Basics in 80201>Question Details

wintrjen, Home Owner in Denver, CO

I am renting my town home, do I need to give my tenants a tax form? What form is that?

Asked by wintrjen, Denver, CO Tue Feb 12, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


I can recommend a good CPA; YOU may want to explore a K-1 as part of your ownership strategy. This would relate to taxes. - Bob Gordon
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013
Sorry to tell you but you need to contact a tax advisor in order to get an answer to this question. If you would like a contact, I would be happy to provide that information to you. Just be aware that we have a very low inventory currently, so now may be a good time to sell your townhome with prices going up!

If I can be of any further help, feel free to reach out to me!

Bill Pearson GRI, SRES
ERA Herman Group Real Estate
5280 Magazine FIVE STAR Real Estate Professional – 2010, 2011, 2012
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 13, 2013
A REALTOR should never answer this question UNLESS they are also a CPA. Otherwise, you need to talk with a tax advisor.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
You should contact a legal and tax professional for the answer(s). This truly is not in the realm of what Realtor shold advise.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
You should get legal and accounting advice from those professionals. This is not in the realm of what a Realtor should be advising. Good luck. Nancy F. Sharpe, Sharpe Associates LLC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer