Rental Basics in 80201>Question Details

wintrjen, Home Owner in Denver, CO

I am renting my town home, do I need to give my tenants a tax form? What form is that?

Asked by wintrjen, Denver, CO Tue Feb 12, 2013

Answers

5
I can recommend a good CPA; YOU may want to explore a K-1 as part of your ownership strategy. This would relate to taxes. - Bob Gordon http://www.BoulderRealEstateNews.com
Sorry to tell you but you need to contact a tax advisor in order to get an answer to this question. If you would like a contact, I would be happy to provide that information to you. Just be aware that we have a very low inventory currently, so now may be a good time to sell your townhome with prices going up!

If I can be of any further help, feel free to reach out to me!

Bill Pearson GRI, SRES
ERA Herman Group Real Estate
720-329-1470
Bill@DenverRealtorForLife.com
5280 Magazine FIVE STAR Real Estate Professional – 2010, 2011, 2012
A REALTOR should never answer this question UNLESS they are also a CPA. Otherwise, you need to talk with a tax advisor.
You should contact a legal and tax professional for the answer(s). This truly is not in the realm of what Realtor shold advise.
You should get legal and accounting advice from those professionals. This is not in the realm of what a Realtor should be advising. Good luck. Nancy F. Sharpe, Sharpe Associates LLC