Rental Basics in Platt Park>Question Details

Zephie, Renter in Platt Park, Denver, CO

I am relocating to Denver in June. To maximize my time, I am looking for someone to help out with showing me area rentals, Help!!

Asked by Zephie, Platt Park, Denver, CO Thu Apr 19, 2012

Answers

10
Aaron Wilson’s answer
It's always best to find someone you know in the area where you currently live to see if they can recommend someone for you where your going. Or, find someone you know where you're moving to and see if they can recommend someone they already know.
Find a knowledgeable Realtor who knows the place to take you around
Do you have a specific area that you are looking in? Please call me and we can discuss 303-378-8165. Vickie Newman
Hi Zephie,

There is a terrific website called "padmapper.com" It plots available rentals on a big map of Denver or whatever zipcode you type in, and lets you filter for exactly what you want.

Best of Luck
Jacquie Finholm

Preferred Properties
1041 S Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80209
303.550.9237
Let's talk. I might be able to assist you.
Hi Zephie, there is no compensation to Selling Brokers to show rentals unless they are their own listings. One of the best ways to find a rental is websites dedicated to rentals. That way you can see more of the whole market before connecting to a property manager. A property manager can show you only what they have. Try Rentals.com,. or just search rentals in denver. You'll see a picture,the price, most often a map and you can generate a good list before getting in your car.

There is also a local apartment magazine that lists most of the prominent apartment houses. Try Apartment.com There is plenty of information online. Craigslist is precarious, I would look at one that is professionally managed. If you find a house you like and would like further verifcation. Don't hesitate to contact me. I can verify the owner at least , and advise you further if needed.

Good Hunting,

Linda Evans Johnson
The Servant Corp
303-719-7357
Zephie,

The main resource used these days is Craigslist.com. Another resource would be to find a Property Manager you are comfortable with that knows the areas you are looking in. I do have a resource in Platt Park who works other areas as well. Marty Seldin - South Pearl LLC - 720-235-5015. When you decide that it is time to purchase or if you have other real estate concerns, contact me.

Robert McGuire
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
1776 S. Jackson St. #412
Denver CO 80210
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://www.theRobertMcGuire.com
Hey Zephie,

The previous answer is right on. Craigslist is the way I post my rentals and find tenants. Watch out for the hoaxes, if the price is to good to be true your better off to avoid. I suggest surfing the local public records and find the owners name. I wish you well in your search.

Aloha,
Jaryd
If you have a local Realtor you already work with ask them if they can refer you to someone in the new area. This gives you confidence knowing the person on the other end is a trusted with a professional relationship to your current Realtor. Most likely if this referral doesn't have the answer they'll find it.
You might want to contact some Property Management companies to see if they will assist you. The demand is high, so you have to be ready to swoop in and make an offer there and then if you like the property.

Hope the article below helps you