Rental Basics in San Antonio>Question Details

Need A Home, Other/Just Looking in San Antonio, TX

I am moving to san antonio but have no credit my only rental was with my ex who didn't pay the rent the last two months will anyone rent to me

Asked by Need A Home, San Antonio, TX Tue Apr 12, 2011

need 3 bedrooms I have 3 kids

Answers

3
Cynthia Chavers’ answer

Pacita and Jane are correct, if you don't have credit history at all, your income and employment history will be heavily relied upon to determine whether the property manager will feel comfortable in renting to you. It may help if you have any secondary type of credit, maybe utility bills, cell phone, etc.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance and I'll be happy to refer you to a property manger here in San Antonio!

Most property managers will want to run a credit history....but if you have no credit, they may ask for some proof of gainful employment, past income history, proof of funds....

If you can't qualify to rent a place on your own, you may want to try finding a rent-to-share (roommates). Then work on establishing some form of credit. This can be done several ways: like opening a local bank account, opening credit cads and keep an outstanding balance for a period of time--- but keep it manageable. Don't charge up a storm that your income/credit ratio is out of whack., Put utilities in your name....your telephone service can also be used to establish some credit.
You'll need to prove that you have the income to pay the rent. Contact a property management company in San Antonio. http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mo…