Rental Basics in Honolulu>Question Details

Chris Martin, Renter in Honolulu, HI

I am moving to Honolulu and need advice.

Asked by Chris Martin, Honolulu, HI Sun Jul 22, 2012

Hello I am going to be moving from Arkansas to Honolulu to be with my girlfriend and I have searched high and low on craigslist as well as other sites and all I seem to be getting are scams. I will be living with her and her parents for a short while until I find me a job but I also would like to know legit cheap places for rent, roughtly withing 500-700 a month. That is if I can afford that on basic wages. Or if there is someone who needs a roommate Ill be happy to help with chores and rent. Ive never looked or bought a place and so it would be nice to have some help from locals to get me on the right path.

Answers

1
Aloha Chris,

I don't recommend trying to rent an apartment, or even share one, long distance. As you said, there are too many scammers. I think it would be ideal to contact a local property manager, find an apartment, then find a roommate to share it with. If you have questions, call me. I do not handle any rentals.
Talk to her parents, they can certainly help you as well.

Frank Diaz
(RA) MBA, e-PRO, REALTOR®
East Oahu Realty
808.723.0900 cell
http://hawaiihome.biz/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 22, 2012
Her parents are helping the best they can and when I arrive I shall call you with any questions. Thank you so very much.
Flag Sun Jul 22, 2012