Rental Basics in Laurel>Question Details

La, Renter in Laurel, MD

I am looking for a rental. I have bad credit, rental history. I don't owe any previous landlord but I was late several time (contractor, lost

Asked by La, Laurel, MD Mon Jan 30, 2012

job), I'm am trying to find rental property that will accept me in Maryland, preferrably Laurel, Maryland.

thank you for your assistance

Answers

4
Anna Brocco’s answer
Much will depend on the individual landlord, therefore do be upfront regarding your credit, be prepared to show proof of income/pay stubs, possibly have letters of reference available, possibly have a guarantor, possibly offer extra security, possibly pre-pay some of the rent, etc.; again much will depend on the individual landlord...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 30, 2012
La Renter,

Like has been previous answers stated each application to rent will depend upon the actual owner(s) or management company will be making a final determination.

I see two positives from your statement;

1.) you dont owe any previous landlord(S)
2.) you been late but paid.

I believe everyone will understand your situation, some more then others. offer an additional security deposit or pay an additional month of rent in advance. A less expensive way be to have agreement to use some of your contractual skill to the table.

Some landlords will accept you with an extra security deposit and possibly 2 months rent in advance.Most important you have to show that theincome supports the rental amount.
Anna mentioned many of the great key points... Property owners will be needing valdation that you will not default on them. Think of this an job interview to negoitated your rental and have strong recommendations from employers, etc.. and be ready to share proof of recent history of good credit.