Rental Basics in 27612>Question Details

Sgill, Renter in Raleigh, NC

I am looking for a long term lease for a single family rental home in Raleigh, NC May 2012

Asked by Sgill, Raleigh, NC Tue Mar 20, 2012

When should I start inquiring, looking, etc?

Answers

8
When are you planing to move?
It will depend on the date you want your next place be ready.
I will start looking if I were you because then you can find out the place where you want to live and you will know as soon as a rental becomes available.
What is your long term need?

Five years ? Two Years ?

as others have said, rentals go fast. The last three I listed each was rented in under a week.

One went by word of mouth, not even listed.

I have one coming up June 1, but will not take apps untill the property is ready.

Good Luck'
Well, we (my b/f and I) don't like moving (who does, right?), and wish to at least sign a 12 month lease. As I've mentioned, we've lived in a one bedroom apt. for over 10 years - space is getting pretty tight - we're getting older - so it's just time to find something larger and in a better community. Apartment livivng might be fun for 20-something year olds, but it's just not us anymore.
Flag Wed Mar 21, 2012
I manage properties in the Raleigh/Durham area. In my experience, my houses are renting out quickly and (if it was a good rental) I would require a lease starting April 15th(considering its 3/20). The demand for rentals is very strong and a vacant unit can move if its available. Now, if a property is not available until May, you may be an ideal match. Also, rentals out on month to month terms may be an option as the landlord would have time to give tenant notice for you to sign a new lease. Some houses listed for sale my be available too, if the seller would be open to rentals. It would take a professional working with these type of properties to have this info.When I complete a prescreening for tenants, I can solicit properties for them. It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with whats available and rental rates, but expect some properties to come and go while your looking! Email me if you have any further questions.

Jimmy Conder
jimmy@conderrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.conderrealty.com
This is the perfect time to start. You may not find something right away. It all depends on where in Raleigh and your price range. Also most landlords are now having you fill out an application and running credit and background checks. Apartments are easier to come buy than detached homes, but with the slower housing market, many sellers are now renting out their homes until they can sell. Contact me @rrojashomes@gmail.com or 919-758-7500
Now is the time. Let me know your housing needs and criteria: no. of bedrooms, bathrooms, garage, etc. needs. And your monthly rental budget. Do you have pets and would need a backyard? Please specify. I would like to help you. Please visit our website http://www.CarolinaMaxRealty,com and search for available houses. If you see something that interest you, please let me know, if you want to view any of these . I can set up an appointment and we can see these properties. My email address is manilateam@aol.com.
You need to start your search now. Raleigh is a big geographic area. Narrow your focus. What are your needs? How many bedrooms, baths do you need? What size home, large or small? Do you need to have access to public transportation? Many questions need to be answered. Once you have those answers, you can then begin your search for a single family rental. These are lots of properties available. This is the time of year, especially as the school year ends, to begin to look for the home. To begin your search, register on my website by going to http://www.searchingnorthraleigh.com. If I can assist you, please contact me by email at kurtzabby@aol.com.
Thank you for your quick response Abby. =)
We (my b/f and I) are looking for a single family rental HOUSE in the 27612, 27613, 27617 area with a price range of $925 - $1200 / month. 3 bdrm, 2+bth that allows a cat. We have a 10 yo,16 lb, indoor, declawed, spaid, vaccinated cat. And we are willing to comply with whatever pet policy/rental agreement necessary. No need to live close to public transportation - we both have cars. We just want to get out of apartment living (been in the same apartment for 10 years - so we are reliable renters), and find a more mature, safe, family oriented community.
Flag Tue Mar 20, 2012
I am an Agent of Coldwell Banker Advantage. I can help you right away. Contact me by email Joliejkim@gmail.com or Call 919-469-6205.
Now. We'll need to know the minimum number of bedrooms and baths you'll need and when you can come for a viewing of potential properties. I know one homeowner who is currently rehabbing one of their homes, so that it will be available around end of April.

Also will need to know if you want to be near public transportation.
We (my b/f and I) are looking for a single family rental HOUSE in the 27612, 27613, 27617 area with a price range of $925 - $1200 / month. 3 bdrm, 2+bth that allows a cat. We have a 10 yo,16 lb, indoor, declawed, spaid, vaccinated cat. And we are willing to comply with whatever pet policy/rental agreement necessary. No need to live close to public transportation - we both have cars. We just want to get out of apartment living (been in the same apartment for 10 years - so we are reliable renters), and find a more mature, safe, family oriented community. Our lease expires May 31st (with 60d notice to vacate given in April). At the earliest we could move in mid-May. Latest June 1st.
Flag Tue Mar 20, 2012